Earth Days in the Bluegrass 2015
Presented by The Office of Sustainability and UK Student Sustainability Council
EDBG is a promotion of sustainability, responsible global citizenship and the power of local action. Join us for a full month of workshops, community service, films, presentations, music and more! Earth Days in the Bluegrass was founded in 2005 by Residence Life Recycling and UK Greenthumb to expand education and outreach about environmental stewardship at the University of Kentucky. This annual series of events is now coordinated by the Office of Sustainability often with the help of a student steering committee. Several of the events on this year's calendar are being hosted by other organizations and simply cross promoted as part of Earthdays in the Bluegrass. All events free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
For a full calendar of community events focused on the environment and sustainability this spring, check out the Bluegrass Earth website.
Calendar of Events
- Friday, April 3rd - First Friday Sustainable Ag Breakfast Forum with Mary Berry of the Berry Center. Presented by the UK Food Connection - 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - E.S. Goodbarn More information..
- Saturday, April 4th - Earth Day at McConnell Springs Presented by the NRES Capstone Project -11 a.m. - 4 p.m. - McConnell Springs, 416 Rebmann Lane More information..
- Tuesday, April 7th - Campus Clean Sweep Service Event. Presented by the Pick It Up Campaign -9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Student Center Patio More information..
- April 13-18 - UK Bike Week 2015 - Events each day! Presented by the UK Bicycle Advisory Committee More information..
- Saturday, April 18 - Tire Sweep on the Licking River. Transportation, canoe rental and lunch provided. Presented by the Student Sustainability Council - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Email shane.tedder(at)uky.edu to reserve a space or for more information.